September 2018 Board Meeting News
We are delighted to announce that at September’s meeting the Friends of Sarasota County Parks’ board voted to support five Sarasota County projects!
- $1,400 to replace 3 nets on the outdoor, permanent courts and 4 portable nets at the Englewood Sports Complex
- $3,430.58 to re-do the landscaping as an historical/medicinal garden around the Wilson House at Urfer Park
- $784.73 to purchase butterfly plants for a plant bed near the pavilion at Rothenbach Park
- $219.94 for the purchase of children’s nature books or an adult-size oak rocking chair for the children’s corner (for storyteller) at Shamrock Park.
- $2,000 for starter funding of the Friends Special Recreation Fund