Last Day! Name that Tract
You could be the one who names a piece of natural beauty that’s destined to bring tourists to Sarasota County.
The Walton Ranch site (+/-3,760 acres) was acquired in 2010 for its conservation values of ranchland, forest land, natural habitats and water resources. The site will provide nature-based recreation such as camping, horseback riding, agritourism, ecotourism and environmental education opportunities to the general public.
The Board of County Commissioners is asking the public’s help to submit names for the Walton Ranch site (environmental land in east Sarasota County). If you have an idea, please submit it by 5 PM on March 16. The land will be named for one or more of the following:
2) Historical Value: specific historical value or significance to the County.
3) Individual or Group: must fulfill at least one of the following: [clearboth]
- · A well-known, elected, appointed or volunteer community leader.
- · An individual or group who has positively influenced a large populace of the county through a significant contribution of money, time or material.
- · An individual or group who had a major involvement in the acquisition or development of the facility.
- · An individual or group whose civic leadership contributed to the betterment of the community.
Please submit via email or mail to the address below. You’ll need to submit your contact information along with your submission and explain how the name meets the name selection criteria. You may attach any documentation you feel necessary. Any resident or group located in Sarasota County may submit proposed names. If you have any questions, please call Brie Ondercin at 941-861-5000.
Mail or email submittals to:
Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources
Walton Ranch Site – Name Submission – Brie Ondercin
1660 Ringling Blvd., 5th Floor
Sarasota, FL 34236
Deborah Zeilman for Brie Ondercin
Community Outreach Specialist
Sarasota County Government
Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources
Learn more at www.scgov.net