Here Comes the 2014 Giving Challenge and The Friends are Taking It On
A note from Mary Brown, Coordinator of the Friends of Sarasota County Parks:
“Get ready for the 2014 Giving Challenge! The Friends of Sarasota County Parks will be one of hundreds of nonprofits participating in the Giving Challenge coming up on May 6 and 7.
This is a great opportunity for the Friends to raise funds to support our parks and to raise awareness about the wonderful work being done by all of our Chapters.
The Friends of Sarasota County Parks makes it possible for talented, passionate individuals in our community to come together in support of a common cause or to fill a need. From adding new playground equipment to a favorite park, building a community garden, recruiting volunteers to clean our beaches, creating new dog parks, or building butterfly gardens, the Friends and its Chapters make Sarasota a better place to live and play. Keep an eye out for more information on how to make this year’s Giving Challenge a huge success by donating to the Friends of Sarasota County Parks during the 24 hour online fundraising campaign on May 6 and 7!”
[clearboth]Mary Brown is the Friends’ community liaison for the Giving Challenge. Here are the nuts and bolts of the Friends’ approach to the Challenge:
- It’s a 24 hour-challenge, noon May 6-noon May 7.
- 100% of the money raised by a Chapter stays with that Chapter.
- 100% participation of the board is very important
The Board of Directors at the Feb. 27th meeting approved these additional incentives:
- $250 will go to the Friends Chapter that gets the most donors, and another $250 to the chapter that raises the highest amount of contributions.
- Also, donations to the Legacy Trail on May 6th 2014 go toward the $75,000 Legacy Trail Extension goal at Gulf Coast Gives.
The 2014 Giving Challenge Calendar:
(click to enlarge)