Birding hot spots in Sarasota County – a new booklet from Sarasota Audubon, and a cool video
Birding Hot Spots in Sarasota and Manatee Counties
This 2014 edition of Birding Hot Spots in Sarasota and Manatee Counties is available to all our dedicated bird watchers. It can be kept in the car, at home, or used on field trips. More importantly, Birding Hot Spots can be used during any of our many events.
It lists some 70 great places to bird with a site index and information on parking, restrooms, fees, and handicapped accessibility. Get your copy of Birding Hot Spots in Sarasota and Manatee Counties today and support SAS. You can purchase it from area book stores and at meetings for $6.
If ordering by mail, please send $7.75 to SAS Birding Hot Spots, P.O. Box 52132, Sarasota, FL 34232-0337.
Some bookstores and gift shops in the Sarasota area that generally have Hot Spots in stock are:
• Book Store 1 Sarasota, 1359 Main St, a block from the Bayfront
• Crowley Museum and Nature Center – at the end of Fruitville Rd., east of I-75
• Environeers – Sarasota Crossings Plaza, Fruitville Rd, west of I-75, Exit 210
• Gift shop in Myakka River State Park, SR. 72
• Historic Spanish Point gift shop
• Oscar Scherer State Park Nature Center
• Sarasota Visitors Center – 655 N. Taimiami Tr (near corner of Blvd of Arts)
• Selby Gardens gift shop – Mound St. at US 41 near the bayfront
• Venice Area Audubon Rookery – in the Audubon Building
Also see this Field Journal Video from Darryl Saffer – perfect for kids, with helpful info about some great education resources in Sarasota: